Benefits of Podiatry & Orthotics
Receiving the correct podiatry and orthotic interventions can transform mobility, as well as assist in the prevention and treatment of a wide range of potentially serious foot and lower limb problems. Suitable for all ages, podiatry offers a recognised treatment path that can often take the place of more invasive procedures.
At Sunshine Coast Orthotics & Podiatry, our experienced, professional team look forward to helping our patients enjoy less painful, more mobile feet. Read on to discover five benefits that podiatry and orthotics can bring, or book an appointment with one of our skilled podiatrists. Call (07) 5456 2562 today for more personalised information.
1. Preventative treatment
- There are all sorts of reasons why some individuals are more at risk of foot problems than others. From individuals with pre-existing conditions (such as diabetes or circulatory problems) through to people whose occupation or leisure pursuits (ballet dancers or athletes) make them vulnerable to damaged feet, preventative treatment can minimise the risk of injury.
2. On-going management of foot problems
- Although some foot problems may heal relatively quickly with few issues, this isn’t the case for all foot issues. Some foot problems may be slow to heal (such as diabetic ulcers), or be a recurring issue that causes difficulties if left untreated (such as a bunion).
- In addition, there are foot injuries or conditions that need regular care in order to keep them in check. In all these circumstances, podiatry and/or the provision of a suitable orthotic device can help to reduce the pain and loss of function that a chronic foot problem can bring.
3. Non-invasive treatment options
- The foot is a notoriously difficult part of the body on which to operate, due to the high number of bones, ligaments and muscles contained in such a small area.
- In addition, foot surgery just isn’t right for many people: the dangers of the operation, coupled with the loss of mobility and independence during recovery (which could be protracted), mean that conservative measures may be a better choice. Podiatry and orthotics offer exactly that, providing non-surgical treatment alternatives that can give as good a result as surgical intervention in many cases.
4. Customised treatment
- A podiatrist will look at every aspect of your foot’s health, treating whatever needs attention during the course of your visit. This holistic approach can be really useful for people with on-going issues with foot health, allowing them to receive a tailored intervention at each treatment session
5. Widely tolerated treatment options
- Suitable for youngsters, pensioners and everyone in between, podiatry and orthotics have few contraindications. This makes them ideal interventions for people who have pre-existing conditions, or people for whom a more aggressive approach would be unsuitable.
- Particularly helpful for chronic problems, podiatry plays a key role in maintaining independence and mobility for as long as possible.
Get in touch with the team here at Sunshine Coast Orthotics & Podiatry to find out more about the treatment options we can offer to keep your feet in top condition. Call us on (07) 5456 2562 or book online!